This past weekend, I cooked up a batch of delicious and easy venison chili! With the cold winter months, nothing is better than a warm bowl of chili.
This is an easy recipe with only 7 ingredients.
Country Huntress Venison Chili
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Calories: 333 per serving
- 1 lb of ground venison (beef or turkey could be used too)
- Four 10 ounce cans of diced tomatoes and green chiles
- Two 14.5 ounce cans of pinto beans (or whatever bean you like best, kidney or black beans would work well too)
- One large onion (chopped)
- Three cloves garlic (minced)
- 1-2 tablespoons Chile Powder (Depending on how much heat you like, add to your preference, I love spicy food so I use 2)
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Cumin
You can simmer anywhere from 20 minutes up to an hour. I think the flavors develop more the longer you let it simmer. But if you’re rushing to get dinner on the table, 20 minutes will do!
The chili definitely has a kick to it from all the chile powder. I love spicy food. If you don’t, maybe add only a tablespoon of chili powder. I’m definitely an “eyeball” the measurements cook, so feel free to change what you’d like to your preferences. This is a great base chili you can really make your own.
To top it off, I add a nice dallop of sour cream. This helps cut down the spicy heat when you’re eating it. You can also add cheese, green onion, or olives.
6 thoughts on “Easy Venison Chili Recipe”
Sounds delicious! Definitely going to have to give this one a try!
Definitely do! I’ve made this so many times with ground turkey and beef as well. I love how easy it is to throw together and how much flavor it has for so few ingredients. Let me know how you like it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Yeah I’ll definitely have to try it and let you know how it goes!!
I just ate, and you are making me hungry already! Happy Valentines day tomorrow, or should I say ” would you be my chili-tine? 🙂
Thanks! Enjoy the chili if you try it!
Pingback: Farewell 2016 | Country Huntress